Coping With Covid, Impact and Response – Reflections from University Estates Departments
Time: 14:30 - 15:30
Date: On-Demand Webinars
Like most other areas of the economy COVID-19 has had a dramatic effect on he the Higher Education Sector. This webinar will consist of a general introduction, followed by reflections from the three participants. The participants will address the following questions:
- What has it meant for their universities and their Estates Depts?
- How and when are they planning on re-opening?
- Will this be a temporary blip or will there be a new normal?
- How is it likely to impact on the delivery of learning and support services?
- Will it change the way we design and plan our universities and the way they operate in the longer term?
- What we have learnt so far – main takeaways
- Personal reflections on how the pandemic has affected the way they work.
The monologues will last c. 10 mins each and there will then be a chance for questions from the audience together with further exploration of themes raised by the chair Julian Robinson.
- Julian Robinson LSE Director of Estates and Chair of the Higher Education Design Quality Forum
- John Plumridge Director of Estates - Birmingham City University
- Dr. Ghazwa Alwani-Starr Pro Vice-Chancellor Strategy, Planning and Partnerships; and Director of Property and Facilities Management - University of London