Time: 11:00 - 12:00
Date: Week 4: 22-16 June
The Wee Outdoors: a Great Learning Space – Sally York, Scottish Forestry
- Learning spaces – outdoors is a space (Progression of place)
- Playground and importance of topography / biodiversity / impacts on Risk assessments
- Local spaces ( greenspace and woodlands ), Forest Kindergarten and links to community
- Why SF doing this?!
Out to Play national guidance to support creating more outdoor play and learning for children in the earliest years: Rachel Cowper, Inspiring Scotland
- Why its vital – Why it meets so many needs
- How it can be delivered and supported but yet it is still a fledgling industry
Kenny will talk about his experience of being CEO of Stramash, Scotland’s largest outdoor learning provider. He will discuss putting the guidance and training into high quality practice, looking at what the sector is doing, including the challenges and triumphs.