Spaces for learning: the physical-digital continuum
Time: 15:00 - 16:00
Date: Week 3: 15-19 June
As we emerge out of the COVID crisis, we are seeing a major experiment in digitally-enabled learning in the UK Higher Education sector. A large portion of lectures, learning activities and assessment are likely to be carried out virtually. In order to achieve this, a substantial change management process within the institutions as well as… Read more »Festival of Learning Spaces
As we emerge out of the COVID crisis, we are seeing a major experiment in digitally-enabled learning in the UK Higher Education sector. A large portion of lectures, learning activities and assessment are likely to be carried out virtually. In order to achieve this, a substantial change management process within the institutions as well as a reconceptualization of physical learning spaces is required. This session will explore the factors to consider when re-designing curriculum for online as well as face-to-face learning. Hiral will focus on linking curriculum design with learning spaces, and the practices of using learning spaces. Neil will explore the idea of virtual learning space and its characteristics, as well as implications of online learning on physical learning spaces.
Follow Hiral @hiral_patel_
Follow Neil @neilmosley5
3 Learning Points:
- Understand intricacies of how curriculum design is linked to learning spaces – both virtual and physical.
- Nature of social interactions in virtual and physical learning spaces.
- Issues of change management related to design and use of physical and virtual learning spaces.
Relevant publications by Hiral:
- The future of Learning Environments – HEDQF https://www.hedqf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/HEDQF_FutureLearning_Rationale.pdf
- Learning-space compass framework – HEDQF https://www.hedqf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/HEDQF_FutureLearning_Framework.pdf
- Adaptations of University of Reading’s library https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-73996-0_2
- Understanding occupancy of library buildings http://orca.cf.ac.uk/126618/
Relevant publications by Neil:
- A tale of two campuses… – https://firstname.lastname@example.org/a-tale-of-two-campuses-7bea8d1f99e4
- It takes a village to move online – https://email@example.com/it-takes-a-village-to-move-online-1a560f21053a