Virtual: contact learning- what is the best balance?
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
Date: Week 5: 29 June-3 July
The complete and sudden switch to remote learning, enforced by the pandemic, has highlighted both the inequalities for disadvantaged pupils, and the importance of face-to-face contact teaching. As schools start to re-open to some pupils this month, how can we achieve a better balance between virtual and face-to-face methods, ensuring equal access for all?
In this webinar Ann Griffin, RIBA Client Adviser in conversation with leading figures in education will explore what we have learnt so far during the closure of schools; how this could inform future teaching and learning; and what changes to spaces and support might be needed, to achieve both immediate and longer term benefits.
- Alex Beard Co-Founder - Teach For All (presenter of BBC R4 ‘The learning Revolution'
- Russell Hobby CEO - Teach First (and past General Secretary of the National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) UK from 2010-2017)
- Nicholas John Headteacher - Acland Burghley School
- Ann Griffin RIBA Client Adviser - Director of Architects Collaborative
- James Lee Festival Director - Festival of Learning Spaces